Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Morsels of Fun!

I'm going to cut to the chase this time.  You guys are so awesome, weeding through my verbosity all the time, I'm just going to reward your perserverance!

The first morsel of education, as I told you on Monday, was that I could gain 44 nutrients if I ground my own grain.  But if I could gain, what had I been losing?  I discovered the flour I was buying had hardly any nutrients left in it!  If I could refrigerate my freshly ground grains and that would help preserve the nutrients, then since the flour I was buying had not been refrigerated, that meant it was not fresh.

Oh.  And fresh is not just one of those five letter trendy words.  Fresh means BETTER for the body.

The second morsel was that the sugars and preservatives in the bread (two words which never really scared me) could be removed and there could still exist good bread.

I didn't believe it till I tasted it.

Now, we make bread that has grain, honey, and yeast in it.  We use a dough enhancer that's all natural.  It's amazing to know there is one less [BIG] place where sugar resides in our house.  AND IT WAS SO SIMPLE.

Tune in later this week for the kicker, the third morsel that sent me over the edge into what I used to call Granola Land.

No comments:

Post a Comment